A full-time Administrative Coordinator works directly with our small dynamic team and reports to the Executive Director.
The Edmonton Down Syndrome Society (EDSS) is dedicated to improving the lives of individuals born with Down syndrome. We provide opportunities and experiences for our members to learn, grow and strive for their individual potential in home, school and community life from Edmonton and area continuing to northern Alberta. Established in 1995 and governed by a volunteer Board of Directors, it is a non-profit, charitable organization. As prudent stewards of donor dollars, EDSS works diligently ensuring we efficiently and effectively raise and manage gifts. EDSS has two major annual events, several third party fundraisers, dedicated stewards and many community champions.
You are a confident, composed, self-motivated person, who loves to learn. You have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills combined with several years of office management experience. You are open minded and can balance changing priorities. You have that special ability to connect and build relationships with a variety of people from children, teens, volunteers, donors, community members, medical professionals and persons with disabilities. You have some flexibility within your personal schedule to work occasional evenings, weekends or at special events.
- Strong administrative background, reception, basic book-keeping and advanced computer skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Proven track record of using a database to build and maintain information
- Experience with project based duties, events and deadlines
- Warmly working with staff, therapists, interns and volunteers
- Experience with persons with a disability or marginalized populations is an asset
- Must pass extensive criminal record check
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- A college diploma or university degree in a related field is considered an asset
A positive, team-oriented, friendly, flexible, work environment, full benefits and a maximum annual salary of $32,000 awaits the successful candidate.
Applications will be accepted by email to the Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org until May 1, 2015.
EDSS hires on the basis of merit. We are committed to the principle of equity in employment. We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified women and men, including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and Aboriginal persons.